Wednesday, November 30, 2011

100% Pure Purifying Seaweed Facial Mask Review


This is a very unique facial mask!
As you can see from the photos above, the powder gradually turns
into a liquid 'paste' and the leaves actually grow out! Most likely
from the seaweeds and the peppermint leaves :)

Ingredients: Organic Seaweeds(Kelp, Agar Agar, Bladderwrack), French Green Clay,
Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate), Organic Peppermint Leaves

I was really surprised and intrigued by the formula, seems like magic lol
I'm a sucker for magic even though I know it's not technically 'real' =p
Magic just lights up my mood. I think the best performance I have ever
seen was when I went to Hawaii back in around 2002? It was called the
Magic of Polynesia :) be sure to check it out if you ever visit Hawaii!

ok now back to the review >>

"Nutrient rich Seaweed Mask detoxes facial pores, purges out toxins,
leaves your complexion fresh and pure, while seaweeds nourish your
skin with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Potent Alpha Lipoic Acid
and Vitamin C repair damaged skin, restores elasticity, and strengthens
cellular structure." - 100% Pure website

Pros:
- easy to use (just add a bit of water)
- you can mix this with yogurt, tea, or fruit juice as well
- leaves the skin smooth
- reduces redness
- nice treatment for the skin
- brightens the complexion
- face feels refreshed after washing off
- good for oily skin, especially during the summer
- good amount of product for the price/ingredients!
- in a sturdy glass jar (would definitely reuse!)

Cons:
- smells like raw kelp/seaweed when water is added
  (only if you don't like the smell of raw seaweed ><)
- doesn't really do anything for my pores
- can be a tiny bit messy when applying because when used
with water, it doesn't really turn into a paste and some of the
liquid tends to drip off the face from the chin ><
- can be a bit drying after, especially being used in the winter
  (I have combination/oily skin but my skin tends to be a bit dry
   during the winter time >< I should use this in the summer)

How I use it:
- make sure the face is cleansed
- mix the powder with a bit of water while using a small brush
- apply the liquid to the entire face excluding the eye area
- wait 5-10 minutes, then rinse it off
- pat dry with a towel

I really like this product and have used it for 2 weeks.
I'm not sure if I would repurchase this again just because I like
to try other products, but this is definitely worth looking into!
It retails for $22 cad on the 100% Pure website :) 

2 comments:

  1. this sounds like a great natural product to you! you'd definitely know what's going into your skin with this product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that sounds and looks interesting! judging from the cons, i'm probably not gonna buy it but then again i think it may be worth a shot. it would be cool to see those leaves growing. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...